Saturday, December 8, 2012

Leo's Night Before Christmas


          Leo's Night Before Christmas

Twas the nite before christmas, and all through the house

The ghost of Leo fender, was lurking like a mouse

The amps were all covered, with their tubes still a glow

From he midnight jam, and the party we did throw.

The teles and strats were all snug in their cases,

While still in their stands stood a few P-basses.



The party was over and I in my bed,

was dreaming of woodstock, and the greatful ol dead.

I saw hendrix, and joplin just to name a short few,

and hippies galore drinking ol mountain dew.



The sound was heaven as it blasted from the amps,

I know in the background I saw few Fender champs.

With a twitch and a yawn I woke from my slumber

As I heard a loud noise, that begin with a thunder


.
I jumped from my bed to see what was the matter,

and tripped over my pedals and fell in with a clatter.

I crawled to the top of the steps still adazed

and saw with my eyes, a sight  full of amaze.


Stevie was shredding some blues that was on fire

while bohnom and  'Duck' Dunn raised the bar ever so higher.

Leo was smiling as he watched with a grin,

while Joplin sang her butt off again and again.

Gatton was ripping those rockabilly leads,

and Holly was grinning on this cool christmas eve.



And just as it began it all ended in a hurry,

for Leo was leaving in curious kinda flurry.

He looked over the gear and said with a smile

These cats will do fine .... the sound should be wild!.


Into the night they all flew in a flash,

I jumped from my crouch in a bounding big dash
.
I woke up the guys and told what I'd seen,

and they said lay off the booze ...go get some ice tea.


I walked down the stairs and couldn't help wonder,

why no one believed me, It was no drunken blunder.

When a tap on my shoulder gave me a surprise,

It was Leo himself with a gleam in his eyes


Merry christmas kid, he said with a grinn,

It's time for your life, now to begin.

Music is power it gives and it takes,

Just believe in the sound, and the memories you'll make.


Keep shredding!  keep learning!

as he walked out of sight,

Play on! play on! Merry christmas and good night.
    
           By: Tony 'FenderPig' King

No comments:

Post a Comment